300 Oak Ave SE
Montgomery, MN 56069
The mission of the LSS Senior Nutrition (Senior Dining and Meals on Wheels) is to relieve senior hunger and isolation while enabling persons aged 60 and older to live healthier, more active and independent lives. By providing delicious, well-balanced and nutritionally-appropriate meals in addition to socialization, educational and volunteer opportunities we aim to:
1) Control or improve nutrition-related conditions such as obesity, diabetes and high-blood pressure,
2) Improve mental well-being through reducing isolation and loneliness,
3) Aid in the recovery from being discharged from the hospital or a skilled-nursing facility,
4) Reduce unnecessary and/or repeat hospital admissions or emergency room visits, and
5) Prevent premature need for long-term care in skilled-nursing facilities.